Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Light-Years to Mars

I'm sorry that I'm not a puzzle
Or a cryptic and strange secret code
I guess that I made it too easy
When I offered warmth when you liked cold

It's true I'm not so formulaic
And don't know a lot about clues
I'm too busy feeling what's inside
To recall any absolute truths

You probably could say I'm a fool
For Believing and Wishing on stars
I guess there's a lot more to distance
Than packing for light-years to Mars

I never thought I had the answers
But I figured I'd wing it and try
I honestly didn't expect that I
Wasn't worth five minutes of your precious time

Well here I go burning more bridges
But it's my talent or so I've been told
Don't apologize, there's nothing to forgive, mea culpa
It's just my heart is a wide open road.

2 comments:

  1. I always feel so much more connected to you, whenever I read one of your Blogs... Because, you are JUST so eloquent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you ever feel disconnected, promise me you'll bring me back to earth.

    ReplyDelete